Given the importance and power of ‘now’, it is useful to put down what I’m currently working on.
On the Research side I’m working on the following:
4 PhD Projects
- Residential Housing Investment;
- Infrastructure Finance;
- Land Banking; and
- Intergenerational Wealth
23 Journal Papers at various stages on topics such as:
- Space Markets and Capital Markets in Housing Affordability (and Capital-Rent Yields in New Zealand Regions).
- Housing Diffusion – UK, National, Sub-National House Price, Deposit, Income
- Grand Ideas or Delusions of Grandure? Placing big thinkers and essential theories in property research
- NZ Reverse Mortgage
- The dynamic connectedness between property and infrastructures markets
- The role of the state in encouraging the supply of housing with care and retirement villages: Case studies in Scotland and New Zealand
- Green Growth and Infrastructure Investments: A cross-country analysis
- Intergenerational and generational housing wealth and tenure variations; Parental Support: NZ Case Study
- Intergenerational and generational housing wealth and race-ethnicity variations :NZ Evidences from Maori and Pasifika groups
- Intergenerational and generational housing wealth and income
- Land Banking, Market Structure and Land Prices: Is Land Banking Primarily Located in Peri Urban Land Markets?
- Sustainable development and land banking: Are land banking institutions a hindrance or catalyst to sustainable development?
- Indigenous informal land markets, land banking and land value:To what extent are indigenous informal land markets affected by land banking and land values?
- Investor Behaviours (stated) An evaluation of the responses of property investors, identifying the use of heuristics and biases in decision making
- The institutional context of investor decision making, looking at the interaction: The institutional environment and the influences on investor behaviour
- A framework of an alternate approach to the consideration of the factors contributing to housing pricing decisions
- House Prices and Steady States in World Cities, OECD Cities
- Project Bonds to Finance Infrastructure
- Green Bonds to Finance Infrastructure
- Sustainable Bonds to Finance Infrastructure
- Household Wealth, Housing Price, and Affordability over the last decades: Evidence from New Zealand
- Intergeneration variations and housing in Australia
- Regional Housing and Health Difference in Difference Model
On the Media side I’m developing:
- A series of written Blogs and Newsletter
- A series of video short Study Courses based on topics of interest
On the Life side of Work, I’m taking up some old and new fun interests
- Music: Drums,
- Sport: Running, Squash, Golf
- Health: Transcendental Meditation (TM) and Yoga
- Adventure: #Vanlife