Squires, G. and Heurkens, E. (Eds) (2014). International Approaches to Real Estate Development. Routledge.
An international approach to the study and teaching of real estate is increasingly important in today’s global market. With chapters covering numerous countries and every continent, International Approaches to Real Estate Development introduces real estate development theory and practice to students and professionals in the comparative international context. The book provides readers with a global compendium written by an international team of experts and includes key features such as:
- Chapters covering: the United States; United Kingdom; Netherlands; Hungary; United Arab Emerites; Bahrain and Qatar; Ghana; Chile; India; China; Hong Kong; and Australia
- An introduction providing theory and concepts for comparative analysis
- Discussion and debate surrounding international real estate development in its approach, characteristics, geography, implementation and outcomes
- A concluding chapter which brings together comparative analyses of the different real estate development case study findings
- Reflections on the global financial crisis and the new real estate development landscape
- Further reading and glossary
The wide range of case studies and the mix of textbook theory with research mean this book is an essential purchase for undergraduate and postgraduate students of real estate, property development, urban studies, planning and urban economics.