International Approaches to Real Estate Development Click here to buy direct from the publisher
An international approach to the study and teaching of real estate is increasingly important in today’s global market. With chapters covering numerous countries and every continent, International Approaches to Real Estate Development introduces real estate development theory and practice to students and professionals in the comparative international context. The book provides readers with a global compendium written by an international team of experts and includes key features such as:
- Chapters covering: the United States; United Kingdom; Netherlands; Hungary; United Arab Emerites; Bahrain and Qatar; Ghana; Chile; India; China; Hong Kong; and Australia
- An introduction providing theory and concepts for comparative analysis
- Discussion and debate surrounding international real estate development in its approach, characteristics, geography, implementation and outcomes
- A concluding chapter which brings together comparative analyses of the different real estate development case study findings
- Reflections on the global financial crisis and the new real estate development landscape
- Further reading and glossary
The wide range of case studies and the mix of textbook theory with research mean this book is an essential purchase for undergraduate and postgraduate students of real estate, property development, urban studies, planning and urban economics.
Urban and Environmental Economics Click Here to Buy Direct from the Publisher
The importance of the built environment to environmental protection is well established, with strict environmental regulations now a feature of the working lives of planners, contractors, building designers, and quantity surveyors alike. Those new to, or preparing to join this industry must have an understanding of how their environmental responsibilities relate to their professional responsibilities in economic terms. Designed as an introductory textbook, Urban and Environmental Economics: An Introduction provides the background information from these disciplines to understand crucial tools and economic techniques. A broad range of theories of the natural and built environments and economics are explained, helping the reader develop a real understanding of the topics that influence this subject, such as:
- the history of economic thought on the built environment
- the economics of shared space in the built environment
- cost-benefit analysis and discounting
- macro-economic tools, measures, and policy
- sustainable development
- resource valuation.
Illustrated throughout, and with lists of further reading in every chapter, this book is ideal for students at all levels who need to get to grips with the economics of the environment within a built environment context. Particularly useful to those studying planning, land economy, environmental management, or housing development.
Introduction to Building Procurement Click Here to Buy Direct from the Publisher
The procurement stage of the building process is critical to the success of any building project, and as such must be understood by everybody entering the industry. Introduction to Building Procurement is designed to familiarize the novice with the principles and methods of building procurement, starting at the most basic level.
With chapter summaries and tutorial questions provided throughout the book, the reader will get to grips with the following topics:
- the structure of the construction industry
- the nature of clients
- the historical development of building procurement methods
- the roles and responsibilities carried out in any project.
Having developed the necessary background knowledge, the reader is then introduced to the more complex aspects of procurement in detail, such as:
- methods of paying contractors
- the main procurement routes in use
- standard forms of contract.
The concluding chapter discusses emerging procurement trends, and speculates on future developments to bring the reader right up to speed with the modern industry. With its clear layout and highly accessible approach, Introduction to Building Procuremen is the perfect introductory text for undergraduate students and professionals starting out on a career in quantity surveying, construction project management or construction commercial management.